MOD Closure Announcement > MOD Closure
Closure AnnouncementWe have made the decision to close Media On Demand (MOD) based on customer and content owner feedback, specifically their preference for digital streaming services vs. physical discs.
To give you time to access the information in your account, we're closing MOD in stages, as shown in the table below. These dates may be subject to change, and we'll let you know if there are any changes to them.
|March 1, 2021||Announcement. Content owners notified of the decision to close MOD.|
|March 31, 2021||No new title publication. We will stop accepting new titles on March 31, 2021. You will still be able to sell your existing titles through June 4, 2021.|
|June 4, 2021||Last day of sale. Your last day to sell your titles and earn royalties through MOD is June 4, 2021.|
|June 5, 2021||On June 5, 2021, the MOD offer on these titles will no longer appear on Amazon.com. You will be able to continue to access your account information and download your content assets via the MOD portal until we announce its closure date which is currently expected to be in August.|
|August 18, 2021
||MOD portal closes. This will be the last day content owners can access the MOD portal.|
Frequently asked questions
These FAQs are solely for the information of content owners with MOD titles available on Amazon.com.
1. How did you make this decision?We made the decision to close MOD based on customer and content owner feedback, specifically their preference for digital streaming services vs. physical discs. We wanted to provide you with as much notice as possible and help you prepare for this change.
2. Who else offers disc on-demand manufacturing?Below is a list of disc on-demand manufacturing businesses, which you can investigate to see if they can provide you with the service you are looking for:
3. Can I offer my content through Amazon’s digital streaming services?Our digital streaming services have their own account opening and other requirements, which you can learn more about by accessing these links: Amazon Prime Video Direct and Amazon Music.
4. I have a CreateSpace account and don’t have a MOD account. What should I do?You will need to create a MOD account using an Amazon account if you want to access your titles, download your content, and collect any royalties. To create a MOD account, follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon to create a new account or sign in with your existing Amazon account information: https://www.amazon.com.
- Go to CreateSpace: https://www.createspace.com.
- Enter your CreateSpace email address and click “Submit.”
- This will send an email with a link to your CreateSpace account email address within 24 hours (ensure that your email provider isn't filtering the email into a "junk" or "spam" folder).
- Before clicking the link, ensure you’re signed in to your Amazon account.
- After you’re signed in, click the link within the email.
- Confirm your CreateSpace account information is correct.
- Click “Take me to my titles” to see your CreateSpace titles in your MOD account.